- The builders are here and are starting our addition. OMG! *faints*.
- We wave our 12yo off to camp for the week.
- I will start making PomPoms to make this
- my parents are coming over to play~ they live in Adelaide so we don't get to play very often.
- I continue to help my littlest settle into kindy~ so far not so good :(
- I will continue with my Clogger to Jogger journey & slowly upping the distance I am running.
- I will pay bills and more bills
- I will hide from Melbourne's heat- enough already with the hotness ok?!
- I will start sanding some old chairs I have and painting them in different bright colours & reupholstering them for the dining table in the new space.
- I will be measuring up and making a plan
I am super happy to be seeing the burgeoning REAL Fast food scene in Australia.
By this I mean that there seems to be more and more ways to find real food without the preservatives and sugar and fat, that is fast & readily available.
Taco trucks, dumpling houses, noodle bars & the one that I am seeing lots of- Gozleme stands.
There is often one at the Farmer's Markets.
I LOVE them & often buy one as a snack when we are there.
I haven't made them before but I had a wee bit of leftover Pizza dough from Friday night pizza and had wrapped it and put it in the fridge.
This recipe was an experiment using the pizza dough as the pastry. It worked well- I am sure it is not entirely authentic but is a good substitute and a great way to use leftovers.
They weren't super pretty - I made them fast (it took about 20 minutes from beginning to end)! but sheesh they tasted SOOOO great.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pack Organic frozen spinach
- 200g pizza dough (my pizza dough recipe is here)
- 100g fetta cheese
- 1/2 spanish onion (or shallot) chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spring onions
- a good handful fresh coriander
- a good handful fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- S & P
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Roll out the pizza dough as finely as possible- mine was paper thin (my favourite Gozleme have super fine pastry) on a well floured bench.
Defrost the spinach.
In a non stick pan gently fry the finely chopped onion till translucent. Add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add the spinach and stir through well.
Remove from heat and add the fresh herbs & cumin seeds , and S & P. Now crumble the fetta & mix thoroughly.
Divide the dough into equal portions.
Spoon mixture onto each strip leaving enough room to fold the dough over onto itself.
Fold and make sure you seal.
Heat a non stick pan to medium and add a little oil.
Pan fry on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly brown
I can. not. stop. listening to Nick Cave's latest album.
and particularly this song......man the dude still has it!