- sew a new dress or two with the ace fabric I found
- drop off the plans for the house addition to the draftsman
- keep my house tidy (I did a super blitz on the weekend)
- catch up with a good friend
- bake a cake
- walk every single day
- roast some more coffee beans
- keep on top of the laundry
- read a chapter of a book
- investigate buying a new lens for my DSLR
- sit down for at least 10 minutes on the couch before the kids are in bed
I tend not to as I feel like such a failure when things don't get done.
I try & make sure I write something nice on my list now to take notice a little more of the fun and goodness in amongst the drudgery.
It helps me remember a little of 'me' in amongst the stuff I do for everyone else........
GOURMET GIRLFRIEND'S CHICKEN, FENNEL & ORANGE SOUP:
Winter seems to have hit early.
Soups are happening a lot here.
I love them.
They tend to be the kind of 'a bit o' this and a bit o' that' recipe that I LOVE.
No hard & fast rules except using great ingredients.
This was a bit of an experiment.
And me oh my what a RIPPER.
The orange imparts this lovely fresh zing to the anise flavour of the fennel.
It is both comforting & refreshing.
Easy and super delish!
My kids LOVED it and took the leftovers in a Thermos for lunch.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 whole organic Chicken
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced fine
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- a good bunch of Italian parsley, including the stalks, finely chopped
- 1 orange, cut 3 large pieces of rind (see pic below) and also the juice.
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- water to cover the chook
- S & P
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Heat a large pot on the stove to medium.
Add a splosh of EVOO.
Add onion, garlic, fresh fennel & seeds, Orange rind and parsley.
Fry till onions are translucent.
Now place the whole chook on top.
Pour enough water to just cover and add diced potatoes & plenty of S & P.
Cook gently for an hour.
Remove chook and take all the meat off the bone.
Place back into the pot.
Add the juice of the orange.
Stir through & bring back to simmer.
Serve with good crusty bread.
I LOVE Iggy.
L O V E.
I may have fainted when I found this......