Thursday 7 March 2013

It's not that I have forgotten about you it's just that......


Times here are SUPER DOOP busy.

I am sorry the blog is a little quiet...and it may be like this while I manage this other project.

It's not that I have forgotten you it's just that.......

This is happening.






I am project manager of the build of a (much needed) addition to our house that I have designed- in between project managing my family of seven.

Busy does not even cover it.

Exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.

But on the weekend we made some time to take the kids to Heide Museum of Modern Art- one of Melbourne's treasures.

We needed to take a deep breath.

There is an astonishing exhibition of Louise Bourgeois's work on at the moment.
I remember studying her both at school and at Art school. A truly amazing woman.
She died two years ago aged 98. What a full life.

DO go and see this exhibition if you can.

I LOVED this piece.
PROFOUNDLY beautiful in it's simplicity.
And it contains my new manifesto.
"What are you missing?
Nothing.
I am IMPERFECT but I am lacking nothing"

 GOURMET GIRLFRIEND'S TOMATILLO SALSA:
This week I haven't had time to do my run - not one day! OMG I never thought I would be the person who worried that I wasn't getting time for a run! Who even am I?!!!
But....I am still giving myself time to eat a good breakfast.
The farmers Markets have GORGEOUS tomatillos at the moment.
We have been having them with a few things (DIVINE in tacos) but I LOVE them with eggs.
This salsa was this perfect for this mornings brekky- just an egg and some green habanero chile sauce-so so good.


  • 8 tomatillos (peel off the papery skins and cut into quarters)
  • 1 avocado cut into chunks
  • 1 radish sliced
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
  • fresh coriander
  • lime juice
  • olive oil
  • S & P
Heat a non stick pan to medium heat.  Add olive oil.
Pop the garlic in and fry for a minute or so.
Add the tomatillos and fry till you can see a tinge of brown- 4-5 minutes.
Add the cumin powder, stir through and remove from heat.
Pop in a bowl and add the chunks of avocado,  sliced radish,  chopped fresh coriander and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice.


You know already by now of my family's love for the ukelele.
And I LOVE this band. Perfect egg eating music.






4 comments:

  1. What an exciting (yet exhausting!) time for you! I can't wait to see what the extension looks like. How amazing are you!? I mean, really, you're always shutting my mind down. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. gourmetgirlfriend7 March 2013 at 10:30

    you are a sweetheart Raynor. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth I just loved the Bourgeois show too. What a beautiful person she was and the way she used aspects of her life - such as the fabrics from her dresses - to create her powerful pieces is fascinating. A girl after your own heart! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you just won't know yourself with all that extra space! How super exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou SO VERY much for making time to comment.

I LOVE to read your comments.

Just know that it totally made my day that you made a comment on my blog :)
xxx