Friday 13 December 2013

The Very Last Day of Kinder EVER

Today is a big one in our house.

The very last day of Kinder ever.

I have been a stay at home mum for nearly sixteen years.

It has without a doubt been the very best part of my life so far.

In amongst the hard, the sleepless, the mundane, the downright messy & horrid there has been revelations, joy, wonder, excitement, pride, and fulfilment.

Today marks the start of a new adventure.

For me & for my children.

All five of them will be at school.

And I am starting my own business, with cooking classes, writing my first book and hopefully lots & lots of other ace stuff.

For me, being a stay at home mum was the thing I always wanted to do and to be.  I was so lucky to get the opportunity to do it and am so very grateful.

Now it is time for me to rediscover myself and show my children how important it is for me to be me as well as being a mum.  Although I like to think I was always me, just a bit hidden behind my busyness in being a mum.

So while we say goodbye to a very very special part of all of our lives I am so looking forward to the part that is ahead of us.

I'm sure there will be wonky bits where I trip up and get it a bit wrong but that will all be part of getting it right.

I am really really excited but a little bit teary & wistful at the same time.

A big big day.

All of us are heading out into the big wide world.

I hope the grass isn't too long, the way not too foggy & the path not too rocky.

And I hope we all find what we are looking for.

xx

9 comments:

  1. Alli @ ducks on the dam13 December 2013 at 17:16

    That is pretty huge Ruth....... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolyn99_turner@yahoo.com.au13 December 2013 at 17:30

    It is huge, Ruth. No more little people pottering around the house during the day, that lovely time of just being a completely free spirit! I've been a home mum for seventeen years with number one child heading into year 12 next year. Like you, I feel very excited about seeing him nearing the start of a new stage in his life but remember how much fun we had making crunchy munchy honey cakes every morning and reading stories together (well, we still sort of do that with English and Lit being studied!) keep enjoying everything, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo - so joyful. All the best for an exciting year ahead and to lots of discussions over dinner! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times ahead for all of you!
    You have some very stylish men there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, what a huge moment!! And...um...YAY! You're doing cooking classes???? Count me in...actually, and my husband too. Sounds like a perfect date day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such exciting times ahead ,I enjoyed being a stay at home Mum too,enjoy the holidays with your family and those gorgeous boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks AMAZING :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

    Check out my new post...Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

    Have a fab day.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou SO VERY much for making time to comment.

I LOVE to read your comments.

Just know that it totally made my day that you made a comment on my blog :)
xxx